GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR SCHOOL GROUPS (for French teachers STAGE please see specific terms & conditions further down)
Deposits: A non-refundable deposit amount is shown in our quotation. Deposit is required for us to confirm your reservation.
1st instalment: a first instalment equivalent to half of the quotation cost for the tour less the deposit amount is due 6 months prior to departure.
Balance Payment: The balance must be received in full 65 days prior to departure. Bookings will be cancelled if balance is not paid in full by the due date.
Prices: Final prices will be locked in upon receipt of the full balance of your payment. Prices may change until full payment is received. Tours, services and/or hotels mentioned in our brochure are indicative and may change prior to your final payment. Levies, local and foreign taxes may change prior to your final payment. Changes to flight schedule, day of departure and/or number and gender of passengers may affect the price.
What is not included: travel to and from your port of departure, passport and other visa, or visa related, fees, excess baggage charges, personal expenses and travel insurance (unless quoted in the price of the tour).
Amendments & Changes: Any changes made by you within 3 months prior to departure will attract a $110 amendment fee per passenger in addition to any fee our suppliers may charge.
Quotations: A verbal quote is only an estimate. Quotations must be issued in writing by The Educational Tour Company and are subject to the booking terms & conditions.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Cancellation after payment of the deposit and up to 65 days prior to departure: a fee equal to the amount of the deposit will be retained by The Educational Tour Company
- Cancellation before 65 days prior to departure: a fee equal to the amount of the deposit and to any monies paid before cancellation will be retained by The Educational Tour Company.
- Cancellation between 45 days and 65 days prior to departure: a fee equal to the amount paid for the deposit and the 1st instalment in addition to any airline or other suppliers’ cancellation fees
- Cancellation within 45 days prior to departure: a 100% cancellation fee will apply, and you will be required to pay to The Educational Tour Company the full amount due.
- Some airline discounted fares may attract cancellation fees at any time once the booking is confirmed by them. No refund for any unused portion of itinerary will apply. Refunds from airlines or other suppliers may take more than 2 months. Such monies will be refunded to you by The Educational Tour Company as soon as received from the airlines/suppliers
Passports & Visas important requirements: Passports and visas are your responsibilities. Be aware that strict requirements are enforced by airlines and that your failure to adhere to these requirements will result in losses or additional expenses for you including name changes fees after ticket issue, ticket cancellation or rerouting at a higher airfare at your expense. Passengers name booked must be exactly as shown in their passport. You must ensure that all relevant visas are obtained prior to departure and that any eventual re-entry permits are obtained. Some visas may take a few months to be issued. Passport expiry date must not be under 6 months from the date of return to Australia.
Travel Insurance: It is a requirement of travel that all students and accompanying teachers/tour escorts are covered by travel insurance for the duration of their trip. We offer competitive and comprehensive group travel insurance. Product Disclosure Statement will be provided and must be read by passengers or parents/guardian prior to completing application form. Attention should be given to cancellations and pre-existing medical conditions clauses.
Luggage: Airlines may have different free luggage allowance policy and those will be clearly mentioned in our final confirmation document. Be aware that domestic and international airlines have different policies and that domestic airlines may restrict your free luggage allowance based on the fare paid.
Law of contract: The Educational Tour Company and its suppliers, including airlines, do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly, or indirectly by events beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on its part including but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or other authorities, accident to or failure to machinery or equipment, or industrial action (whether or not involving its employees and even though such actions may be settled by acceding to the demand of a labour group). The Educational Tour Company cannot accept responsibility for subsequent changes or withdrawal of prices, details or services which are subject to change without notice. This contract is governed by the law of the State of New South Wales.